Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Hey everyone! This is week 2 in the CCM!

My nametag and the Lima Peru Temple

 
So last Wed. we got to go to the Lima Peru temple!! Is was small but awesome!! I had to speak in spanish there and I fell asleep a bit but it was still great!! And when we got out we could go by stuff from the distribution center but there's also this guy that pulls his car up to the curb outside the gates and sells all these Peruvian themed things for missionaries, like ties, notebook ,scripture cover, shirts and little llama keychains that are super adorable. (I got a black llama keychain and I named him Juan Noches I--love him--forgot to take a picture though will do that next week).  Oh also there was a wedding outside the temple when we got there which was really sweet.


Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!! We had a devotional with Niel L.Anderson speaking (braodcasted from the provo MTC) and it was really good, then we were suprised by the lovly cafeteria workers who made us a thanksgiving lunch!!! They even had cranberry sauce! (although the pataoes were more "pureed" than "mashed") but they had warm apple pie to which was so good! It made everyone so happy!

Breakdown
So it finally reached me, the stress built up and I had a small breakdown sesh where I cried a bit into my companion's shoulder. but crying made me feel better so I'm okay now. I think everyone needs to lose it a little bit every once in a while. Im not gonna lie. It's really super hard sometimes but you gotta just cry it out and then focus on how far you've already come and see the love that surrounds you.


Hamburgers
WE GOT HAMBURGERS ON SATURDAY! It made everyone's day--it was like a wonderful miracle! The salad bar was super crowded with evryoine actually trying to get to the ketchup for once (ketchup isnt usually very good on our regular diet of rice, potatoes and chicken) and it was hilarious to see the many Utahens /plus me making fry sauce for the fries. It made us feel at home and it was really good. Anyways moving on to not food things.

Sunday
This Sunday was so great! I felt the spirit so much! We had a great lesson on repentence and I just read the chapter in Alma with Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. I never really  understood why everyone liked that bit so much but now I totally do. Moroni is AWESOME, favorite chapter now. I'm kinda weided out because now during personal story I'll be like "sweet--I get to read my scriptures for an hour!" cuz the wars in Alma are pretty epic, then sometimes I feel bad like"wow I'm just relaxing and reading my scriptures I should probably get to work." which is so funny because I used to stuggle reading my scriptures all the time, but they are my favorite thing now! Anyways on Sunday. We also had a great relief society lesson and a FANASTIC devotional from Bednar and his talk "be good boys, and good girls". I urge everyone to go find it and listen to it because it answered questions that I didnt even know I had.  Oh, also I read Uchdorf's "his hands" talk and that was great and we watched Holland's mercy meet talk which is one of my favorites.
Pointing to my mission area

All of us pointing to our mission areas


Page 33
I accidently ran into an Elder cuz I stepped outta the door and he wasn't looking and I couldn't move anywhere so I just tucked my arms in and went "ahhhhh!" as he ran right into me. Elder Pond thought my reaction was pretty funny and another joked by yelling "page 33 " at me. (which is the page in then missionary handbook that talks about proper conduct between elders and hermanas and stuff) it was pretty funny.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
So yesterday was the best day ever! We had a realxing day and didn't have to teach then, we had hambiurgers again and then we had a wonderful christmas devotional with a seventy member! and we sang as a missionary choir and it was beautiful. but the english speaker-- had to have a translator and it was really annoying cuz the guy didn't know how to use a microphone and the sensitivity was to  high so we could here him breathing and a lot of "p" sounds into our headphones. But afterwards the lit the christmas light outside for the first time and it was beautiful!!!!!! I didn't realize there would be so many! there was a little party with food and really good hot chocolate! and I met the Lima East

mission president and he was super cool. and we all just had a really good time socializing and stuff it was the relaxing fun day everyone needed tbh. also honorable mention to my adorable teacher Hermana Ferro, who is litterally awesome and called my other teacher Hermano Princessa, becuase his name is Palasio which is "palace".

Volleyball
I really likeplaying volley ball at physical activity right now! It's fun!


 alright guys! outta time and gotta go! Love yall!!

-Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment