Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hola! Victory!!


HOLA 


VICTORY

OK.  we had a roll-eating contest last week with our district and we were the ONLY ones in the cafeteria because it was a day after all the old people left and so the elders sat on one side of one table and we sat on one side of the other so we could face off and THE HERMANAS WON! I'M SO PROUD. I ATE 12 ROLLS AT LUNCH and as a whole we beat the elders by 2 rolls!!!! with 4 Hermanas we ate 62 ROLLS. I know its insane but we had to beat Elder Ashman who ate 32 plus his whole regular meal all on his own... and he eats like that almost every meal too. So that was great.
 
NEWBIES

We got to stay up to welcome the newbies at 3 am, but our teacher Hermano Palasios yelled at me and my roommates (not like real trouble though--we're good) but that was funny. There are 4 new girls in the 6 week program and they seem awesome.  It's weird being the oldest ones here... and our district leader elder Nase is now the Zone leader so that's cool. Our new DL is Elder Ashman and he's doing a great job. 

Butter Birthday

speaking of Hermano PALASIOS--it was his birthday this week! So what our district did was smuggle about 39 little packets of butter out of the cafeteria and we wrote messages on them like "comocomocomocomo??" cuz he says that a lot and "happy birthday" and other funny inside jokes and we hid them ALL OVER the classroom I'm talking in the ceiling tiles, behind the TV, under the table, there was like 12 behind one sign so when he moved it there was like a cascade of butter. We keep having to tell him "mas!mas!" and he was like "mas!?" It was really funny and I think he loved it a lot. My companion says she thought she saw him tearing up. MY HEART! It was fun
he took home a big bag of butter as our birthday gift.

MUJER
So the other Hermanas in our district they were teaching and weren't prepared, so Hemrnana Heartline tried to tell him "well prepare a better lesson for you next week" but ended up saying "well prepare a woman for you" and he was like "a woman?" That cracked us up for a while.

Proselyting
WE ESCAPED THE COMPOUND. We got to leave the walls and go proselyting this last Saturday and it was so amazing!! We waited in the chapel for our leaders to show up for like two hours and we just sung a bunch of hymns with the elders it was actually pretty cool . And then me and my companion got to go out with Hermana Ballard! Who was an avacado who just left last week but this is her mission so we got to teach with her and lewanr about the field life!! It was so cool and her trainer is on FIRE--she walks super fast and is so good with the people. She is so cool. There's one Hermana leader in the whole mission and it's her. I learned a lot from her like the best ways to walk fast. And we taught two lessons! To REAL PEOPLE! The first we helped a man write his first talk for church the next day! That was so cool! And then we taught his recently baptized sister a lesson!! They were very nice people! their house was very very small though so at first I wasn't sure how I could relate to them because we come from such different lives, but then I saw the proclamation to the world on their wall and I remembered that they are my brother s and sisters. I understood most of what they said and I bore my testimony a couple times--it was great!

Secret saints
I've got really creative ideas to make awesome presents for our roommate and district secret Santa's I'm really excited. I'm proud of my cleverness of using our limited resources. Will have pictures later.

Family
Our district had such a wonderful district meeting last night. There were a lot of tears lets just say. We all feel like a family now. I feel like I was raised my whole life with these people and couldn't imagine a different combination of souls in our classroom I love them so much. I know that each one of them are someone who was meant to be in my life. We will miss each other a lot, but were already planning our reunion in 2 years. We made a rapping video that I might have to send next week.

This week I've realized that the lord is always helping me, because every time I've starting to feel at the lower point of life he sends exactly what I need to lift me right back up, even higher than before. I know that all your prayers are reaching me, and I am so grateful. I could not do it without the strength of the lord or your prayers. I love my district--they rock and I am so excited to get to my mission. I


love you all! 


Hermana Brown <3

No comments:

Post a Comment