Monday, January 1, 2018

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!!

​¡¡¡Feliz Año Nuevo!!!   [?]🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇
Hey guys! I hope everyone has jumped into the new year with excitement for this new and marvelous year!  
My week went really well! we found some wonderful families and also we have some investigators that are really starting to understand the gospel  and gain their own testimonies. It's really beautiful to see the light in their eyes when the spirit testifies to them. 



For example, one man we're teaching named Aldo is a 33 year old professor and hes a thinker. We finished teaching him the plan of salvation this week and when we got to the kingdoms of glory he went from listening respectfully to literally leaning on the edge of his seat and was like "woah woah woah wait, can you explain that again?" he is a very good person. And it reminded me how exciting the gospel really is.

For new years they do things  bit different here in Bolivia. And its kinda dangerous.
So basically EVERYONE stocks up on firework like REAL fireworks and sets em off at midnight on new years. 
Literally THE ENTIRE HORIZON LIT UP last night and we had a great view! We had fireworks exploding like RIGHT over our heads and we saw at least a few explode in people garages. SO illegal in California. but man was it was amazing! Me and my companion loved it. It truly felt like new years and was better than ANY firework show you'll ever see.  Just so many fireworks. It sounded like world war three and they were going off for at least half an hour straight.

On other new years happenings, we live in bishops house so we had a dinner with them before midnight and I shared my American powdered sugar donuts with them and for dinner we ate......LLAMA.
Yeah I can now say for the rest of my life that I have eaten llama. 
It was good.

OK well I love you guys!!
I can't believe its 2018!! That's just super super weird. What is happening to time. I've been in Bolivia for a YEAR that's crazy. What is America even like? I don't remember...
Here's a really good video for you.  I hope you enjoy it!




Have a wonderful new year and make good and achievable and hopeful goals! I work to achieve them!!

Hermana Brown


Tarija Bolivia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment