Saturday, February 25, 2017

Happy Carnaval!

HAPPY CARNIVAL!!
I'm writing this Saturday because we cant leave our house for 3 WHOLE DAYS! Sunday Monday and Tuesday for Carnival. It's dangerous for missionaries I guess (spiritually and otherwise). (MUCHO burrachos and paint and water being thrown at people randomly) so we are going to make pancakes for breakfast and order pizza and study A LOT and watch Moana on Monday! (hopefully if we can get it).
This week started super rainy and WAY HOT, but its been a good week!
On last Monday, we went ALL over trying to find me a good pair of shoes that fit! We ended up in Mission North where an actual MALL exists! It was really weird cuz it was WAY nice. Like a mall in America! Me and my companion were like "wait these things exist here, what?" but we found some great shoes in a shop where they greeted us with "Hermanas!" when we walked in. One of the workers was a returned missionary and we noticed later that they had taken 20 off of our bill! (still not sure if it was 20 dollars or bolivianos but really nice nonetheless) Then the member who were driving us around all day bought us hair clips, and we looked around Forever 21 (THAT was weird). and then she bought us STARBUCKS AND JOHNNY ROCKETS! It was awesome! I  almost  wanted to cry because I felt like home kinda in a way ha ha. But she was super nice and I'm so grateful for her charity!
Speaking of which, I've learned a lot about Charity this week!
Charity is the Pure Love of Christ. and it is basically the foundation of true faith. I realize that if I always act with charity in my heart than I will never ever regret it. I am striving to be more like Christ by learning from his perfect loving example of charity. I challenge everyone to do the same. Christ said, "the first Great commandment is to the love the Lord with all you might mid and strength, the second is like unto it, which is to love thy neighbor as thyself."
Love you all and have a great week!
Love and Luck from Bolivia

Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment