Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy 4th of July!!

Okay so first of HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY FOR ALL MY PROUD AMERICANS!! σΎ“¦πŸ’ŸσΎ“¦πŸ’ŸσΎ“¦πŸ’ŸσΎ“¦πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽσΎ“¦σΎ“¦σΎ“¦ ha ha My 4th of July we had an inter-cambio so I didn't have a chance to do the things I wanted to do but me and Hna Bustamante tried to make pancakes in the evening but we didn't have one of the ingredients so we worked for an hour trying to make pancakes that just didn't work. ha ha But she did have sparklers for some reason so that was perfect! And I didn't go to bed until I had drawn an american flag on at least on thing! I also made pancakes for Hna Maman the following morning as a late celebration. It was weird not being in my own country for Independence Day. Some people wished me a happy day and that was funny. 
In other news:
New Bishop!!
So the other week our bishop got called to be the new 2nd councellor of the newly created stake of Aabundancia" so we needed a new bishop. All week were were guessing who it was gonna be, and we visited one of our dear member families and were teasing Hermano Justiniano because we thought it would be him. And in church he was called to be the new bishop!!! We felt like it was to good to be true because the now Bishop Justiniano is the best! He is a good man and will be great for the ward. And he already knows our investigators. It showed me how church callings are truly from revelation. He is nervous but is doing a great job at trying to be a good bishop. Especially since he's only been a convert for 11 years.
I talked to his daughter the other night during divisions and she told me of how the missionaries found them.she told me "I know the church is true just for the change I can see in my dad from how was before and how he is now" truly the gospel and true church of Christ can change people to be better than they ever hoped to be. And that is a beautiful thing. also he calls us "mis hijas" which means my daughters." What a great family :)
Also our investiogatores Myra and Jasmany have a new date to get married so they can get baptized! Also they found out that their baby is going to be a GIRL! Woo! They also talked to us about how they can't imagine how their lives would be if they had never found the gospel (us). 
Our recent converts have been great friends to them this week too!
A member who sells women's underwear gifted us some-- that was a weird experience.
We found a great family this week too, who are "looking for a religion for their family"  So I'm really excited to teach them, they are super great and the Hermana Paula when we knocked her gate invited us right in and told us "your from the Chruch of Jesus Christ, right? And don't you get always mistaken for Jehovah's Witnesses?" and we were like "yes!! thank you for recognizing us! and by our actual name too!" So that was cool.

I learned a lot about repentance this week, I know that it really is what helps us to be the person that we want to be. It's hope and Jesus Christ is my light. I found that light again this week when I have been struggling for a while now. I am so happy, and now I understand that I can do it. I CAN do it.
and whatever it is you have in your life that makes your scared or think "I don't know if I can do it, I can't do it," remember Christs words,
"be not afraid, only believe."


Okiedokie I hope y'all have a fantastic week!! I love you all and thank you u for all your love and prayers!! Miss you guys!!

Love and Luck from Bolivia

Hermana BrownπŸ’Ÿ

No comments:

Post a Comment