Monday, September 18, 2017

10 MONTHS?!?!?!?!?

Hey guys, I'd like to start this email with an inspirational quote of the week:
"If God had a bedroom, you would be in a photo on his nightstand."
Alright so I guess I'll start with the story that goes with that quote.
So we were knocking doors and one door we knocked an old man answered but when he opened the door and saw us he jumped back and yelled in shock!
We literally gave him a good scare? Then he asked us if we spoke English or Spanish and we said both and then he started talking to us in perfect English??? It was really weird. He lives in both Santa Monica, California and Tarija, Bolivia and he is half Jew half Mexican but was converted to a Protestant church when he had a vision of Jesus and used to be a prophet apparently. He had an earring. And he had read an anti Mormon biography on Joseph Smith. But apart from that he was quite nice and pretty funny. He had some interesting views but he listened to our testimonies of the Book of Mormon and reasonably accepted our invitation to read it and ask God if its true. It was cool, but weird cuz we spoke in English and it was kinda hard for me and my comp to remember how to teach in English ha ha.
On other news: 10 MONNNNNNNTTTHHHSS!! WHAAAATATTT?!?!?!?! It was cool to have my comp and I complete 10 months on the same day. We had french toast to celebrate. It was weird.
We also taught the relief society how to make peanut butter this week. It was really great.
We had a lot of awesome work this week and me and hna Gardner are having a great time together! At one point Pimienta followed us again but with 4 OTHER FRIENDS we were being followed by a gang of 5 dogs at one point, what is happening.
Last p day
We went to the paleantioligical museum (I'm not gonna try to spell it right I'm sorry)






This last p day! It was super cool! Apparently Tarija is actually a hot spot with a LOT of the worlds dinosaur bones! The one of the big skeleton (pic attached) was found in the park right next to our bishops house!! and we also saw some cool minerals and some stuff from ancient Americans (Lamanites!!) one pic I've attached is a pretty sick picture of a really well preserved baby mummy. also some human skulls (one looks like he died from getting his head bashed in). It was some pretty legit stuff. Hna Gardner did ceramics a lot so she was excited about all the ceramic jars. We also passed by "la casa dorada" which is on the back of the twenty boliviano bill. It's very dorado. We're going to tour the inside another day. we also bought our own mate pors! It was a really fun day! I'm glad my comp likes to go out and sight see on p days! We're going to "la copa" today.
Well I love you all so much! Thank you for all your prayers they give me strength and hope! Please pray for those caught in the natural disasters too! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of god and I know that I am doing his great and marvelous work in Tarija Bolivia! I know that God loves us and wants our eternal happiness and that the plan of salvation is true! I know that families can be together forever and it is all possible because Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. I am so eternally grateful for these things. I am happy.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I hope you ll all do your personal scripture study and prayer and also go to church this week! You can do it! (that's an invitation to everyone with whatever beliefs or religion)
love you guys!
besos
Tariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijaaaaaaaaaaaa, Bolivia

Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment