Tuesday, August 1, 2017

New Area, New Everything!

Hey guys! So as you've heard, I'm in TARIJA!!
So a little about Tarija, to start its a LOT more beautiful and calmer than the big bustling Santa Cruz (and although i love it here and the streets are a TON cleaner, I feel a weird defensive pride for the city that I learned to love. <3 Santa Cruz)

But my area is basically everything I dreamed. The city is beautiful.  We've got lots of restaurants in our area and the marketplace and the Feria (there was a Feria of all things tiny this week that only happens once a year it was so cute and everything was indeed made tiny! mostly food but still we had fun eating tiny salteñas empanadas and cakes and mini hamburgers.) There's bags of juice here called Karpil that hna Mamán talked all about and I finally tried, I felt like I was drinking a straight up liquidated orange. It was awesome. 


The streets are like those of San Francisco. You don't have be looking down for it to be staring you in the face. I'm burning a lot more calories hiking to our  investigatores houses ha ha. There are MOUNTAINS! It's beautiful! And our house is like a real house! It's really nice and I like it a lot. We needed to do a lot of cleaning and organizing though which took up all this morning and we still have more to do. The members here in 4 De Julio (hence #freedom) are really nice and great but its a small ward and they don't have a pianist. But the chapel is nicer and cozier. Also the weather here is perfect! It's not hot and crazy windy and eating sand 100% of the time like Santa Cruz. I can actually wear a sweater. 

We only have 3 companionships in our district. But one of the elders is from my CCM (MTC) district, he is training a new missionary. 

Hna Herrera is from Argentina too! We drink mate EVERY night! I love it. She's from the province of Misiones where the giant falls bigger than Niagara waterfalls are. She's the tiniest person to ever exist but shes full of energy and were both ready to work really hard this cambio. I'm excited. It's kind of scary being senior companion because I'm the one responsible for everything and my comp looks to me to make the decisions.But I'm learning and growing a lot. I feel like I'm being a real missionary. But I still feel scared to open my mouth sometimes. but I open it anyways and trust the spirit to guide me. It always works ha ha. 








We made "rollos" with a family this week that were really good and we also have a really nice park in our area and also we found the mystery machine!!ha ha. 

Well I'm excited to be here in Tarija and I know that I'm exactly where I'm meant to be. I'm so blessed to be here and also to have met all the people I've met in my area before in Las Misiones. I've attached just a few of the photos of only a few of the many amazing people and friends I made in Santa Cruz and some from Tarija.

OK love you guys! remember that wherever you are right now you can do what you can to make a difference! Have faith and just do it! the lord always provides a way for us to complete his commandments! (1 Nefi 3:7) walk the path he's prepared for success!

We also met a wonderful lady with her daughter this week named Janith and Fabiola who accepted a baptism date in the first lesson. She's amazing and we teach her in the park. She absorbs the gospel like a sponge and I'm happy to be teaching her the wonderful message of the restored gospel. My challenge you you all this week is to ask the missionaries for a pamphlet of "the Restoration" and give it to one of your friends!! You can do it! Share Christ's light with the world and make the world a little bit happier!
Love you all thank you for all your prayers! I really need them!
Love and luck from Bolivia
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment